This week I received the sign I’d been waiting for.
I wrote here and here about the McCarney family that owned my house between 1918 or so and 1976. Patricia McCarney, one of four siblings, lived in the house – nicknamed Rustic Manor – until she entered the convent. John, her nephew, spent summers at the house with the extended family.
Patricia and John have been in touch the past few years, stopping by for occasional visits. John recently wrote that he was making me a reproduction of the original Rustic Manor sign. On Monday, he and his brother Pat stopped by to deliver my gift.
It’s brilliant. I’m happy to have another piece of the history of the place and so appreciative of John’s thoughtfulness.
Copyright 2010-2013 Andrea Cordonier
Thanks for your interest in Habicurious. I'm really glad you stopped by.
Be an angel and remember that all materials on this site are copyright protected.
Contact me at andrea[at]habicurious[dot]com to:
- share my photos or writing;
- guest blog on Habicurious.com;
- invite me to guest blog on your site;
- to chat about other collaborations.
Habicurious on Twitter
- Life-sized Barbie dreamhouse a feminine nightmare http://t.co/NqWGbZTu6Z via @guardianThursday, 05.16.13 09:17
- Housing our personal history: "Basements and Attics, Closets and Cyberspace" - http://t.co/tamH70drFcThursday, 05.16.13 09:12
- Great to be self-sufficient, but who protects your stuff? As Thieves Troll Spanish Farmland, Villagers Begin Patrols http://t.co/b8OOoy9lYwWednesday, 05.15.13 19:40
- What keeps YOU up at night? A Journal of Insomnia interactive doc @theNFB @Insomnia ONF_NFB http://t.co/CjILsYGVzH #NFBi #insomniaWednesday, 05.15.13 14:42
- Cretan Homies in the 'hood - DNA reveals origin of Greece's ancient Minoan culture http://t.co/di8XKop4jW BBC NewsWednesday, 05.15.13 14:38
- Curious. Would never have put 'German' and 'Texas' together: German dialect in Texas is one of a kind, and dying out http://t.co/m6N3i3nqrsWednesday, 05.15.13 00:27
- RT @thedailymash: International Space Station basically a floating student house http://t.co/iCoaq7k1zvTuesday, 05.14.13 11:25
- RT @nelldarby: Ace use of language in 1825: "his house was feloniously and burglarationingly broken into and a silver watch was burglarious…Tuesday, 05.14.13 11:23
- Pulling a Brian Wilson: a year in bed for women being fattened up for marriage - http://t.co/gpiFS8ejohTuesday, 05.14.13 10:41
- What a find! A Paris apartment untouched for 70 years http://t.co/2lGQtG5NBYSunday, 05.12.13 22:58