Taking part in Jane’s Potluck With the Locals on Sunday, May 2nd from noon to 1:30pm at the Burritt’s Rapids Community Hall?
Please call (613) 859-9116 or (613) 269-4585 to register #’s attending + your dish (savoury/sweet).
Nothing says ‘community’ like a potluck. Here are the Top 3 Reasons for joining us:
- You’re going to be famished after all that talking/walking around the village.
- Eating communally is way more fun than eating alone.
- You bring one delish dish but you get to sample, like, forty more.
When you arrive at noon with your dish, you’ll be given a wristband to participate in this eating extravaganza and your dish will be added to the lineup. Basic drinks will be provided. Please bring your own plate, cutlery & cup (to minimize the clean-up). Little muss, little fuss.
You know generally how this works, but here are a few reminders.
- Bring a dish that doesn’t require any cooking/prep/heating up.
- Bring a savoury or a sweet dish (salad, sandwiches, appetizers, dips, veggies, etc. or cakes, pies, cookies, etc.).
- Please label your dish with your name. You’ll get a gold star if you provide a label with ingredients to provide information for people with dietary restrictions.
- Your contribution need not be fancy, but it should be nourishing. We cannot feed the hungry hordes on bags of potato chips or jars of pickles.
- How much to bring? Miss Manners says: “Be generous.” Consider how much you/your family will eat IN TOTAL at a shindig like this. Bring enough food to replace that total amount. That way, no one leaves hungry or feeling short-changed.
- Pop your empty dishes in a sack and take them back home for cleaning.
For more information on walks and activities in Burritt’s Rapids for Jane’s Walk Ottawa, please click here.